Usually “surf and turf” refers to a meal consisting of a meat and seafood. For this exhibition, we are simply using the phrase to playfully allude to the area where land and sea meet. Whether it’s a beach, an island, or a rocky cliff, these places hold a special meaning for many. They are homes to specific landmarks like lighthouses and piers.
Tamarack’s David L. Dickirson Fine Arts Gallery is seeking original two and three dimensional work, of any media that, figuratively and metaphorically, represents the theme of any space where a body of land encounters a body of water; including, but not limited to oceans, seas, rivers, lakes, streams, wetlands, ponds, and even puddles.
This exhibition is only open to Tamarack juried artists. For more information about how to become a Tamarack artist, visit this link.
Dates and Deadlines
- Image Submission Deadline: March 11, 2019
- Decision Notifications (sent via email) March 14-15, 2019
- Drop Off Deadline for Accepted Work: April 7, 2019
- Exhibition Run: April 13 – June 9, 2019
- Work Pick Up Deadline: June 15, 2019
- Ensure your entries comply with our Gallery Guidelines, which are available by request.
- Sign in, or create an account below.
- Enter name, address, and contact information in the provided text boxes below.
- Upload images of up to six (6) entries below. Multiple images of each entry are permissible for the purpose of showing fine details. Image submissions must be in .JPEG format. Image resolution should be at least 300 dpi. Please title each image that you are entering with your last name and the title of the work, separated by an underscore; example "Lastname_Title."
- Be sure to include a title, medium, price, dimensions, and a brief description in the corresponding text boxes.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail from the Submittable service if your application has been received. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt, please contact the gallery office.
- Decision notifications will be distributed via e-mail by March 15, 2019. Delivery of accepted work(s) will then be scheduled accordingly.
We are eager to see your entries. If you have questions or concerns, please refer them to:
Alice Yurick | Gallery Supervisor
email@example.com, 1-88-TAMARACK, ext. 157