Bridges dot the Mountain State’s landscape, carrying roads and railways over creeks and rivers. There are 34 bridges on the National Register of Historic Places in West Virginia. The oldest bridge still in use in West Virginia is the Elm Grove Stone Arch Bridge, constructed in 1817. The most famous of all of West Virginia’s historic bridges is the 1849 Wheeling Suspension Bridge.
West Virginia’s best-known bridge of modern times is the steel arch New River Gorge bridge on U.S. 19 in Fayette County. It is the centerpiece of the annual Bridge Day festival. These man-made structures demonstrate the state’s history, ingenuity, and compliment the natural beauty. Tamarack’s David L. Dickirson Fine Arts Gallery seeks original entries of two and three dimensional artwork, in any media, celebrating West Virginia’s bridges.
This exhibition is only open to Tamarack juried artists. For more information about how to become a Tamarack artist, visit this link.
Dates and Deadlines
- Image Submission Deadline: August 19, 2019
- Decision Notifications (sent via email) August 22-23, 2019
- Drop Off Deadline for Accepted Work: September 23, 2019
- Exhibition Run: September 28 – November 3, 2019
- Work Pick Up Deadline: November 9, 2019
- Ensure your entries comply with our Gallery Guidelines, which are available by request.
- Sign in, or create an account below.
- Enter name, address, and contact information in the provided text boxes below.
- Upload images of up to six (6) entries below. Multiple images of each entry are permissible for the purpose of showing fine details. Image submissions must be in .JPEG format. Image submissions must be in .JPEG format. Image resolution should be at least 300 dpi. Please title each image that you are entering with your last name and the title of the work, separated by an underscore; example "Lastname_Title."
- Be sure to include a title, medium, price, dimensions, and a brief description in the corresponding text boxes.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail from the Submittable service if your application has been received. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt, please contact the gallery office.
- Decision notifications will be distributed via e-mail by August 23, 2019. Delivery of accepted work(s) will then be scheduled accordingly.
We are eager to see your entries. If you have questions or concerns, please refer them to:
Alice Yurick | Gallery Supervisor
firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-88-TAMARACK, ext. 157