Creating a self-portrait is a bold way to show the world exactly who you are! Portraits have always been a traditional practice among painters and photographers, but today many contemporary artists use materials and techniques like quilting, clay, and collage.
Tamarack Youth Arts Gallery is seeking original self-portraits from young West Virginia artists in grades K-12. These works can be 2-D or 3-D and may be made out of any material or process. We are excited to see what your imagination creates!
Artwork must be ready to hang or install upon delivery. Pieces that are unframed will be fixed to the wall with an adhesive. Protect your work accordingly. Students can submit up to 6 artworks. If work is selected, it will be displayed in Tamarack's Youth Art Gallery August 14 – September 26, 2021.
Image submission Deadline: July 21, 2021
Decision Notifications (sent via email) July 23, 2021
Drop Off Deadline for Accepted Work: August 9, 2021
Exhibition Run: August 14 – September 26, 2021
Work Pick Up Deadline: October 1, 2021
- Ensure your entries fit the theme of the exhibition.
- Sign in, or create an account below.
- Enter name, address, and contact information in the provided text boxes below.
- Upload images of up to six (6) entries below, per student. Multiple images of each entry are permissible for the purpose of showing fine details. Image submissions must be in .JPEG format. Please name the file of each image that you are uploading with your last name and the title of the work, separated by an underscore. Example: "Lastname_Title"
- Be sure to include a title, medium, dimensions, and a brief description in the corresponding text boxes.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail from the Submittable service if your application has been received. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt, please contact gallery staff.
- Decision notifications will be distributed via Submittable by 7/23/21 . Delivery of accepted work(s) will then be scheduled accordingly.
We are eager to see your entries. If you have questions or concerns, please refer them to: email@example.com, 1-88-TAMARACK, ext. 157.
Mandy Lash, Gallery Director
Kelsie Tyson, Gallery Assistant