The flora and fauna of a place are, simply put, it’s plants and animals, or even more simply put: it’s critters and hollers! Both are very important part of our ecosystem and environment and both are themes that have been celebrated in art for centuries. The wildlife of a region can tell its outsiders so much about not only the physical landscape but of the people that live there. As West Virginians it is easy for us to take our local plants and animals for granted but Tamarack’s David L. Dickirson Fine Arts Gallery is inviting you to celebrate the wild and wonderful plants and animals that reside in our never-ending mountains. From our beautiful rhododendrons to the prehistoric hellbender salamander that resides in our cold, clear, creeks and streams, we can’t wait to see your interpretation of the abundant critters and hollers of Appalachia.
Tamarack's David L. Dickirson Fine Arts Gallery is seeking both representational and non-representational original two and three dimensional works that bring flora and fauna to the forefront and celebrate the beauty of the plants and animals in West Virginia.
This exhibition is only open to Tamarack juried artists. For more information about how to become a Tamarack artist, visit this link.
Dates and Deadlines
- Image Submission Deadline: December 2, 2019
- Decision Notifications (sent via email): December 5-6, 2019
- Drop Off Deadline for Accepted Work: January 6, 2020
- Exhibition Run: January 11 - February 23, 2020
- Work Pick Up Deadline: February 29, 2020
- Ensure your entries comply with our Gallery Guidelines, which are available by request.
- Sign in, or create an account below.
- Enter name, address, and contact information in the provided text boxes below.
- Upload images of up to six (6) entries below. Multiple images of each entry are permissible for the purpose of showing fine details. Image submissions must be in .JPEG format. Image submissions must be in .JPEG format. Image resolution should be at least 300 dpi. Please title each image that you are entering with your last name and the title of the work, separated by an underscore; example "Lastname_Title."
- Be sure to include a title, medium, price, dimensions, and a brief description in the corresponding text boxes.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail from the Submittable service if your application has been received. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt, please contact the gallery office.
- Decision notifications will be distributed via e-mail by December 5-6, 2019. Delivery of accepted work(s) will then be scheduled accordingly.
We are eager to see your entries. If you have questions or concerns, please refer them to:
Alice Yurick | Gallery Supervisor
email@example.com, 1-88-TAMARACK, ext. 157