In a state where our people are as sweet as our mountainous views, West Virginia can pride itself on the compassion we have for our community. West Virginia is known for its adventurous destinations and the enchanted environment that surrounds it. Almost heaven, West Virginia is a mystic place of wonder and enchantment, a place that feels far away from the stressful effects of life and a little closer to heaven. Our community is like no other, For those of us that have lived here for a large amount of time, can contest to sweet attachment the people of West Virginia have to our wonderful state and the scenic mountains we call home, as John Denver said, “Country Roads Take Me Home”.
Tamarack's David L. Dickirson Fine Arts Gallery is seeking original two and three-dimensional work that showcases West Virginia’s most beautiful attributes whether that be of representational routes or abstracted emotions connected to WV, be creative and have fun showcasing our admirable state.
This exhibition is only open to Tamarack juried artists. For more information about how to become a Tamarack artist, visit this link.
Dates and Deadlines
- Image Submission Deadline: June 29, 2020
- Decision Notifications (sent via email) July 2 - 3, 2020
- Drop Off Deadline for Accepted Work: August 3, 2020
- Exhibition Run: August 8 – September 20, 2020
- Work Pick Up Deadline: September 26, 2020
- Ensure your entries comply with our Gallery Guidelines, which are available by request.
- Sign in, or create an account below.
- Enter name, address, and contact information in the provided text boxes below.
- Upload images of up to six (6) entries below. Multiple images of each entry are permissible for the purpose of showing fine details. Image submissions must be in .JPEG format. Image submissions must be in .JPEG format. Image resolution should be at least 300 dpi. Please title each image that you are entering with your last name and the title of the work, separated by an underscore; example "Lastname_Title."
- Be sure to include a title, medium, price, dimensions, and a brief description in the corresponding text boxes.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail from the Submittable service if your application has been received. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt, please contact the gallery office.
- Decision notifications will be distributed via e-mail by July 2-3, 2020. Delivery of accepted work(s) will then be scheduled accordingly.
We are eager to see your entries. If you have questions or concerns, please refer them to:
Alice Yurick | Gallery Supervisor
email@example.com, 1-88-TAMARACK, ext. 157