Repetition is a part of our daily lives, whether it is our morning routine or the way we make art, repetition and pattern is constantly surrounding and influencing us. When looking back our heroes of contemporary art we can see how artists are always using a variation of repetition, pattern, and rhythm to make their work more dynamic and give it a sense of movement.
Motif is looking for 2D and 3D submissions of work that you feel consists of some sort of repetition, pattern, rythm or motif. The term repetition can be taken literally in the sense of a visual pattern of shape, color, line, etc. Or more loosely in the way that something is made through a pattern of physical repetition- for example: the way a weaver, potter, or printmaker would exemplify repetition by using the same pattern of motion and movement to create their brilliant artworks. Have fun with the way the patterns in your life can be perceived.
For more inspiration and examples please see this article in Widewalls Magazine: https://bit.ly/2EfIK3t
This exhibition is only open to Tamarack juried artists. For more information about how to become a Tamarack artist, visit this link.
Dates and Deadlines
- Image Submission Deadline: September 28, 2020
- Decision Notifications (sent via email) October 1-2, 2020
- Drop Off Deadline for Accepted Work: November 2, 2020
- Exhibition Run: November 7, 2020 – January 3, 2021
- Work Pick Up Deadline: January 9, 2021
- Ensure your entries comply with our Gallery Guidelines, which are available by request.
- Sign in, or create an account below.
- Enter name, address, and contact information in the provided text boxes below.
- Upload images of up to six (6) entries below. Multiple images of each entry are permissible for the purpose of showing fine details. Image submissions must be in .JPEG format. Image submissions must be in .JPEG format. Image resolution should be at least 300 dpi. Please title each image that you are entering with your last name and the title of the work, separated by an underscore; example "Lastname_Title."
- Be sure to include a title, medium, price, dimensions, and a brief description in the corresponding text boxes.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail from the Submittable service if your application has been received. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt, please contact the gallery office.
- Decision notifications will be distributed via e-mail by October 1-2, 2020. Delivery of accepted work(s) will then be scheduled accordingly.
We are eager to see your entries. If you have questions or concerns, please refer them to:
Alice Yurick | Gallery Supervisor
firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-88-TAMARACK, ext. 157