Exhibition Dates: January 15-February 22, 2021
Dates and Deadlines
- Image Submission Deadline: December 18, 2020
- Decision Notifications (sent via e-mail): December 21, 2020
- Delivery Deadline for Accepted Work: December 28, 2020
- Work Pick Up Deadline: March 4, 2021
We’ve all heard the phrase looks can be deceiving but for this Youth Art Exhibition we’re bringing it to life! Students are asked to create artwork that tricks the eye and demonstrates the use of texture using any 2D medium and any subject matter. This can be any texture from soft or smooth to rough or fluffy. Students can even use multiple textures in the same artwork! Everything has a texture, so the possibilities are endless!
Tamarack Youth Art Gallery is seeking 2D artworks that demonstrate texture in any medium from West Virginia students, grades K-12. All work must be ready to hang. Unframed and matted work will be fixed to the wall with an adhesive so consider this when preparing your work for hanging. Protect your artwork accordingly. Each student may enter up to 6 artworks for consideration.
- Ensure your entries fit the theme of the exhibition.
- Sign in, or create an account below.
- Enter name, address, and contact information in the provided text boxes below.
- Upload images of up to six (6) entries below, per student. Multiple images of each entry are permissible for the purpose of showing fine details. Image submissions must be in .JPEG format. Image resolution should be at least 300 dpi. Please title the images you upload “Lastname_Title”.
- Be sure to include a title, medium, dimensions, and a brief description in the corresponding text boxes.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail from the Submittable service if your application has been received. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt, please contact the gallery office.
We are eager to see your entries. If you have questions or concerns, please refer them to: email@example.com, 1-88-TAMARACK, ext. 157
Alice Yurick, Visual and Performing Arts Assistant Manager