West Virginians are known to be excellent storytellers, as artists it is our duty to depict these narratives for future generations to behold. A key part of American folk literature, tall tales are believed to have started from the bragging contests that tough American frontiersmen would start when they gathered around a fire and for this exhibition we are asking Tamarack Juried Artisans to treat the David L. Dickirson Fine Arts Gallery as their fire and our guests as their audience to which they will brag. Whether we are passing down familial folklore at a reunion or sharing stories over at the water cooler, there are many legends, fables and fabrications that are begging to be shared and turned into long-lasting works of art. These “stories” can be fact or fiction in depiction and can be anything from a local legend to historical happening. Tamarack’s David L. Dickirson Fine Arts Gallery is inviting artists to submit two- and three-dimensional pieces that represent the fine art of tall tales!
This exhibition is only open to Tamarack juried artists. For more information about how to become a Tamarack artist, visit this link.
Dates and Deadlines
Exhibition Run: September 25 – October 31, 2021
- Image Submission Deadline: August 16, 2021
- Decision Notifications (sent via email) August 19-20, 2021
- Drop Off Deadline for Accepted Work: September 20, 2021
- Exhibition Run: September 25 – October 31, 2021
- Work Pick Up Deadline: November 6, 2021
- Ensure your entries comply with our Gallery Guidelines, which are available by request.
- Sign in, or create an account below.
- Enter name, address, and contact information in the provided text boxes below.
- Upload images of up to six (6) entries below. Multiple images of each entry are permissible for the purpose of showing fine details. Image submissions must be in .JPEG format. Image submissions should be 300ppi and no larger than 2400x3000 pixels. Please name the file of each image that you are uploading with your last name and the title of the work, separated by an underscore. Example: "Lastname_Title"
- Be sure to include a title, medium, price, dimensions, and a brief description in the corresponding text boxes.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail from the Submittable service if your application has been received. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt, please contact the gallery office.
- Decision notifications will be distributed via Submittable by 8/20/21. Delivery of accepted work(s) will then be scheduled accordingly.
We are eager to see your entries. If you have questions or concerns, please refer them to: email@example.com, 1-88-TAMARACK, ext. 157 or 170
Mandy Lash, Gallery Director
Kelsie Tyson, Gallery Assistant