Whether we are passing down familial folklore at a reunion or sharing stories over at the water cooler, there are many legends, fables and fabrications that are begging to be shared and turned into long-lasting works of art. These “stories” can be fact or fiction in depiction and can be anything from a family tale to a local legend to a historical happening. Tamarack’s Youth Arts Gallery is inviting young West Virginia artists (Grades K-12) to submit two- and three-dimensional pieces that represent the fine art of tall tales!
Artwork must be ready to hang or install upon delivery. Pieces that are unframed will be fixed to the wall with an adhesive. Protect your work accordingly. Students can submit up to 6 artworks. If work is selected, it will be displayed in Tamarack's Youth Art Gallery November 13 – January 9, 2021.
Image submission Deadline: October 20, 2021
Decision Notifications (sent via email) October 22, 2021
Drop Off Deadline for Accepted Work: November 8, 2021
Exhibition Run: November 13 – January 9, 2022
Work Pick Up Deadline: January 15, 2022
- Ensure your entries fit the theme of the exhibition.
- Sign in, or create an account below.
- Enter name, address, and contact information in the provided text boxes below.
- Upload images of up to six (6) entries below, per student. Multiple images of each entry are permissible for the purpose of showing fine details. Image submissions must be in .JPEG format. Please name the file of each image that you are uploading with your last name and the title of the work, separated by an underscore. Example: "Lastname_Title"
- Be sure to include a title, medium, dimensions, and a brief description in the corresponding text boxes.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail from the Submittable service if your application has been received. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt, please contact gallery staff.
- Decision notifications will be distributed via Submittable by 7/23/21 . Delivery of accepted work(s) will then be scheduled accordingly.
We are eager to see your entries. If you have questions or concerns, please refer them to: firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-88-TAMARACK, ext. 157.
Mandy Lash, Gallery Director
Kelsie Tyson, Gallery Assistant