15th Annual Best of West Virginia Open Juried Exhibition
TAMARACK: The Best of West Virginia celebrates West Virginia artists by showcasing their creativity and talent in this special juried competition. This exhibition is the only exhibition hosted by the David L. Dickirson Fine Arts Gallery that can be entered by any artist or artisan who is a West Virginia resident. Participants compete for five monetary awards, totaling $4000.
2023 BOWV Jurors: TBA
Dates and Deadlines
Exhibition Run: June 24 – August 9, 2023
Image Submission Deadline: April 23, 2023
Decision Notifications (sent via email): May 18-20, 2023
Drop Off Deadline for Accepted Work: June 14, 2023
Work Pick Up Deadline: August 19, 2023
- This exhibition is open to all artists who currently reside in West Virginia. You do not need to be juried into Tamarack to enter. You will be asked to produce proof of residency.
- All submitted works must be original and created within the last two (2) years. Work previously exhibited in a gallery exhibition organized by Tamarack or in the print bins on Tamarack’s retail floor is ineligible.
- Due to space limitations, large (over 6'x6') or multi-piece artworks may not be accepted. Exceptions are possible.
- We are unable to display nude figure studies or graphic imagery.
Entry Fee A non-refundable fee of $20.00 is required from each submission of up to two works. You will be asked to pay your entry fee using the Credit Card/PayPal option at the end of this form. If you are a multidisciplinary artist and you would like to submit artworks in multiple media categories, each media is required to be submitted under it's own application. For instance, if you would like to submit a photograph and a wood carving, then you must submit one application for your photography, then complete an application for your carving.
Sales Terms: All work sold by the Gallery is on a consignment basis with a commission split of 40% to Tamarack and 60% to the artist. All work must be labeled for sale.
- Review the above eligibility guidelines.
- Create an account or login to an existing account by following the instructions below. After you have done so, the entry form will become available to you and you can complete the following steps.
- Enter name, address, and contact information in the provided text boxes below.
- Upload a scan of a proof of West Virginia Residency using the uploading widget below. (Acceptable forms include a valid West Virginia Driver's License, a valid West Virginia State ID Card, or a current utility bill with applicant's name and address. Driver's License is preferred, but you are welcome to censor any information on the scan aside from your name, address and expiration date).
- Upload an artist biography and an artist statement below.
- Upload images of up to two (2) entries below. Be sure to include a title, medium, price, dimensions, and a brief description in the corresponding text boxes. Multiple images of each entry are permissible for the purpose of showing fine details. Image submissions must be in .JPEG format. Image submissions should be 300ppi and no larger than 2400x3000 pixels. Please name the file of each image that you are uploading with your last name and the title of the work, separated by an underscore. Example: "Lastname_Title"
- Review the final checklist to ensure all necessary elements have been uploaded to the form.
- Submit Payment using the Credit Card/PayPal option at the end of the form
We are eager to see your entries. If you have questions or concerns, please refer them to mlester@ tamarackwv.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-88-TAMARACK, ext. 157 or 170
Mandy Lester, Exhibition Manager